I have been tagged by Gerri Bowen to play along with this Q&A, so here goes!!
Rules: Thank the blogger who tagged you.
Thank you, Gerri. It’s been great seeing you again!
Answer the ten questions you were given by that blogger. Nominate ten people, give them ten new questions, and let them know they were tagged.
The questions I received were:
1. Is there a particular theme or themes to your books?
I love reunion stories. The only thing better, to me, than new love is a love that is rekindled.
2. Anything about you that people would be surprised to learn?
I set a state record for the 100m backstroke when I was 11.
3. Where in the world do you live? What do you like best about that place? Least?
I currently reside in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. The colors of autumn have been my favorite so far and make up for the long periods of gray skies.
4. You can have dinner with anyone from the past or the present. Who is that person? Why that person? Which one of you asks the most questions?
Helen Keller. She has experienced a discovery of the world that most of us could never understand. I hope we’d be equally curious about each other.
5. Do you believe there is something you were born to do? Have you achieved this goal?
Definitely win the Powerball lottery.
6. Social media. Love it or hate it? Any links you’d like to share? Where can people find you?
I love the connection it gives us to every corner of the world. I hate that people would rather interact that way than in person. I’m on Facebook and Twitter (@maggie_preston), of course.
7. Do you have a favorite book you go back to re-read? The name? Or has this changed with time?
I have two books that I’ve read many, many times over the years. A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith and Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer. I’m also a HUGE fan of Darynda Jones and her Charley Davidson series. Reyes…need I say more?
8. Is there a book you want to write but you can’t get it right?
I struggle with my YA story the most. I think it’ll be a love it or hate it kind of book.
9. Any rituals you follow before you begin writing? Or do you just sit and write wherever and whenever you want?
I’m OCD enough that I have to have a ritual. I light some candles, put on a certain track on my “writing sounds” playlist and get comfy at the keyboard.
10. Has your writing subject changed through the years? If so, in what way? Why do you think that is so?
I started writing historicals, then moved to contemporary and romantic suspense, have added in erotica and YA…and I’m back to historicals. Guess I’ve come full circle.
Thank you for joining in!
Now my potential nominees. You may post your answers here in the comments or create your own blog post, as I have done.
Belle Ami http:/belleami.us/blog
Morgan K Wyatt www.writerwonderland.weebly.com
If I’ve misspelled a name or messed up your author information site, please let me know! I’ll fix it.
There is no time limit on this Q&A Blog Tag. Please do not feel rushed or even obligated to take part, I know we all have a lot of projects to complete and life stuff to do!
Your questions are:
- What’s your favorite quote? Why?
- What’s your strangest writing habit?
- What would your 12-year-old self think of you now?
- What song best captures your life?
- What’s the first book you remember falling in love with? Wanting to read over and over again? Why?
- Do you use fictional or real settings for your novel? Why?
- If you had to move to a foreign country, which one and why?
- On a scale of one to ten, how organized are you? Does it help or hurt with your writing?
- What’s your most memorable date?
- Coffee or tea? Coke or Pepsi? Vanilla or Chocolate?